If you are researching your Irish heritage it is a given that you have stumbled at some point. Here is a list of various websites that can assist you, (some have records and some are for informational purposes).
- Irish Lives Remembered – This is a website has a monthly digital magazine dedicated to Ireland, genealogy and history. What’s not to like?
- Ireland Reaching Out – Ireland is looking to make contact with descendants of all those that emigrated. They call it reverse genealogy. Once you join the website for free, you can join the parish your family was from and post messages about your ancestors or what you are looking for. Each parish is led by volunteers looking to assist others. They are looking for more volunteers, so if your family is from the Emerald Isle, this just might be the project for you.
- Roots Ireland – This is a paid website where you might be able to find records on your ancestors.
- Ask About Ireland – Great website to find Griffith’s valuation for free.
- Find My Past – Another paid website that you can hopefully find records on your Irish ancestors.
- Irish Genealogy – This is a free website where you can search for church records, some of the indexes have the original attached and some do not. This website is where I found my link into Ireland.
- Irish Genealogy Toolkit – This site has tips for starting out on your Irish research, they list is as free tools, free information and free advice. I love FREE!
- FamilySearch – Free website with Irish Civil Registration records, Deaths, Births and Baptisms, and Marriages.
- National Archives of Ireland – 1901 and 1911 Census Records, Tithe Applotment Books, Wills and Testimony Records, Ireland – Australia Transportation Records, Estate Records and more.
- Ancestry.com – Paid subscription required, many records from immigration to vital records.
By no means is the list exclusive, there are many sites out there to assist those researching their Irish roots.
Is there a favorite site that you utilize for researching your Irish Ancestors?