I am super excited to announce that I have been asked back to Rootstech as an Ambassador. For those of you who are new to my blog, all that means is that I will be reporting to you about the RootsTech conference from now til probably April.
This year RootsTech has been pushed out from early February to the end of the month. The dates are February 28-March 3, 2018 at the Salt Palace Convention Center.
RootsTech is my favorite genealogy conference of the year for various reseaons:
- The number of attendees is outstanding, ranging at about 20,000 each year (if not more).
- The week I spend in SLC each year is always the best genealogy week of the year. I always arrive early so I can get at least a day in at the Family History Center to do a bit of personal research.
- Friends! So many of my genealogy friends come to SLC for RootsTech as well.
- Tech. That’s right, this is the place to be to see what is in the pipeline for new tech in the genealogy community.
- Keynote Speakers! Over the years we have been wowed by Laura Bush and Jenna Bush Hagar, Buddy Valastro (AKA The Cake Boss), Donny Osmond, Property Brothers and so many more. I wonder who they will bring in this year!
- The vendor hall! If you need anything genealogy related, this is the place to shop.
- Demo Theater (located inside the vendor hall), a great place to get tips on new products and hear from some of the vendors on their products.
These are just a few of the reasons why I LOVE RootsTech. Do you love RootsTech and plan to go, tell me why in the comments.
Make sure to come back often to see what will be happening at Rootstech!